Sunday, March 4, 2012

Love letter #1: typed from my letter:

I am writing this now on a retreat I'm on (March 2, 2012). I write this love letter to you because my hear is yearning for you. I spend countless nights imagining my love in action for you. I don't know who you are or if I have met you but I'm doing my best to be worthy of your love. Each time I pass by a person I imagine that this is the start of our relationship and see the fruits of our love. I sincerely hope that I have the courage to talk to you so that all this hope has meaning. I heard a poem that I feel is true to how I feel about you right now.

It goes like this:

How many words would it take to accurately express what you mean to me?
How can you scientifically quantify how much lighter I become when you enter my day or how heavy I feel when you leave?
How could I describe how my smile just appears magnetically when I see your face?
How can I possibly count my thoughts of you when I think of you so constantly?
As thoughts within thoughts within thoughts within thoughts
make it impossible to remember where one began and the other ended.
Time folds into itself as I am already nostalgic for our future
and look forward to our past
for the rest of my life,

I love you

-Amir Blumenfeld (Jake and Amir: Valentines Day)

1 comment: