Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Letter 3:

Today in my Philosophy class we discussed the Meno by Plato. In it we discussed how Socrates develops the idea of a recollection of knowledge. He says that the soul (which is immortal and the seat of knowledge) knows all before being born. But when we are born we forget the truths we know and we have to recollect them in this life.

To me this is like finding you.

I have absolutely no idea what you look like, how you dress, what your personality is but I know that when I meet you my soul will recollect the beauty of your essence and I will know that you are meant for me and I for you. It's for you that I will seek people. It's for you I will go out. It's for you I will ask questions of love and beauty. So that eventually my soul will know what beauty is.

Here's another poem for you:

If I could have just one wish,
I would wish to wake up everyday
to the sound of your breath on my neck,
the warmth of your lips on my cheek,
the touch of your fingers on my skin,
and the feel of your heart beating with mine...
Knowing that I could never find that feeling
with anyone other than you.

- Courtney Kuchta -

No comments:

Post a Comment