Monday, March 5, 2012

Letter 2:

I read another poem today and it really does match what I think of you. When I go to bed I go to sleep wanting to be embraced by your warmth. This reminds me of the sleep habit personalities.

I somehow belong to all the positions from a to d. Does that mean anything? I'd like to think that I have a warm and open heart, pretty social, but reserved and suspicious as well. It seems most times I want to sleep hugging something.

I was not a hugger. I like my personal bubble and would not hug anyone but after the retreat I started to hug more often. I feel that one day when I hug you I will know. This is why I changed for you. So that our beginning may start with a hug.



This is the poem I read for you:

My love, I have tried with all my being
to grasp a form comparable to thine own,
but nothing seems worthy;

I know now why Shakespeare could not
compare his love to a summer’s day.
It would be a crime to denounce the beauty
of such a creature as thee,
to simply cast away the precision
God had placed in forging you.

Each facet of your being
whether it physical or spiritual
is an ensnarement
from which there is no release.
But I do not wish release.
I wish to stay entrapped forever.
With you for all eternity.
Our hearts, always as one.

- Anthony Kolos -

No comments:

Post a Comment